Malaseb Medicated Shampoo is an antibacterial, antifungal and antipruritic shampoo for dogs and cats. It is formulated to remove scale, degrease the skin and kill cutaneous microrganisms which primarily or secondarily cause dermatitis.
- For primary and secondary seborrhoeic dermatitis
- Removal of secondary infection allows the primary condition to be diagnosed
- Topical keratolytic, antibacterial, antifungal and antipruritic
- An aid in the treatment of dermatophyte infections
- Sterilises the coat of dermatophyte spores reducing the spread of infection and contamination to the environment
- Removes damaged lipids without stripping the coat or skin, helping to normalise the skin’s microenvironment.
Size – 500ml
Directions for use
- Wet the animal thoroughly with clean water
- Apply Dermcare Malaseb shampoo to your pet at several points and massage into the coat.
- Always make sure the coat is thoroughly wet before applying Malaseb, this will help to achieve the required lather.
- Using a sponge may assist with producing a lather and with penetration through the coat. The sponge also holds water which again helps to ensure the coat is adequately wet during application.
- 50ml of Dermcare Malaseb would be adequate to treat a 30kg, medium hair length dog and 7-10 ml would be adequate for an adult cat.
- Leave the shampoo on for 10 minutes. Ensure you pet is supervised during this time to avoid ingestion or inhalation of the shampoo
- A damp cloth, with a little diluted foam can be used to clean the face of both cats and dogs.
- Whilst bathing cats is never easy, many will tolerate water better if it is not running. Using a 3 bucket technique, where all buckets are filled with warm water can help. The cat is dunked (not including head) into the first bucket and shampoo applied, then wrapped in a towel for the 10 minutes to stay warm and prevent licking foam. Once the 10 minutes is up the cat is sequentially dunked into the first, then second then remaining buckets to rinse the coat.
- Use with caution around eyes. If shampoo enters animal’s eye, flush thoroughly with clean water. Seek veterinary advice if eye changes are observed
- Pets should not be left unattended during the recommended 10 minute shampoo contact time as licking or inhaling shampoo foam may result in irritation of the gastrointestinal or respiratory tracts.
- This product is not recommended for use in rabbits or species other than dogs or cats
Safety directions: Will irritate the eyes and skin. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. When using the product wear rubber gloves, If product enters eye, wash it out immediately with water. Wash hands after use